September 10, 2020
Industrial processes that generate airborne contaminants require methods to reduce the risk of harm to workers and equipment. Pollutants such as dust, smoke, fumes and even condensation can cause respiratory problems for people and damage to machinery and stock.
One of the most effective and efficient ways to reduce the risk of harm is through mechanical ventilation and air purifying systems, such as portable industrial extraction fans.
How these fans work
Industrial extractor fans are designed to capture and expel contaminated and stale air outside and distribute fresh air inside – in turn improving indoor comfort and air quality.
Fans in the portable range also have the added advantage of being moveable from one place to another. This means they can be placed as close to the source of the work process as possible, enabling very effective capturing of contaminants and local exhaust ventilation. They can also be moved from one worksite to another when required.
The type of extraction unit that works best in your workplace depends on a range of factors. This includes your industry, the type of process, size of filtering area, your budget, number of workers and more.
Here are some examples of portable industrial extraction fans and their uses to help you in your decision.
Types of portable industrial extraction fans
- Compact air blasters – can be used for dust and fume extraction as well as delivery of fresh air to confined spaces.
- Purging fans with ducting – heavy duty compact units used for extraction and air supply. Suitable for harsh conditions.
- Portable exhaust blowers – can both extract toxic gases and deliver fresh air in harsh work environments.
- Mobile Mancoolers – compact units suited to confined spaces for removing contaminants and improving comfort by cooling down workers. Can be ideal for mining and tunnelling work.
- Air scrubbing purifiers – suitable for removing dust, spores and viruses using a two-step filtration process.
- Industrial fume collectors – these units capture fine dust using HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters, which is the highest standard for air filtration and air purification. HEPA filters can capture particles down to 0.3 microns in size, making them ideal for capturing and expelling welding fumes.
For maximum air purification purposes it’s essential to ensure you get the right type of portable industrial extraction fan to suit your workplace. Get in touch with our team to find out more.